Carvell Wallace is a podcast host and has written for The New Yorker and The New York Times Magazine. He is the co-author, with Andre Iguodala, of The Sixth Man.
“So much of my life experience coalesces into things that are useful… All those years that I was obsessing over this that or the other thing, all the weird stuff that I would do, all the weird things that happened to me, all the places I found myself in that I didn’t want to be in but were interesting - this is all part of what makes me the writer that I am today.”
Thanks to Mailchimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- The Sixth Man: A Memoir (Blue Rider Press • 2019)
- Episode One of Finding Fred
- Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Bradbury Press • 1970)
- Purple Rain (1984)
- The Karate Kid (Scholastic • 1984)
- “The Two Lives of Michael Jackson” (New Yorker • 2015)
- “How to Parent on a Night Like This” (Huffington Post • 2014)
- Wallace's Pitchfork archive
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.